Top Salesforce Apps and Integrations for Nonprofits
Large nonprofits using Salesforce to manage donor data, track fundraising campaign progress, and stay on top of their daily operations can get even more from their CRM system by implementing a variety of apps and integrations.
In this post, we’ll walk through our favorite solutions to complement your Salesforce platform:
|Salesforce App or Integration||Purpose|
|360MatchPro||Matching Gift Fundraising|
|Fonteva Events||Event Management|
|Brickwork by iATS Payments||Payment Processing|
|SMS Magic Interact||Text Messaging|
|Cirrus Insight||Email Management|
Each tool provides a unique spin on nonprofit management, so you might find that some apps fit your organization better than others. Or, you may decide to use several of these products in conjunction with one another for a truly comprehensive nonprofit technology system!
Bonus: Not using Salesforce? Check out our guide to nonprofit CRMs to help you find the right fit for your organization! Whether you’re just starting out with donor management or want a truly robust database to meet your complex needs, our guide will help you learn what you need in your constituent relationship management software.
1. Fundly — Top Salesforce Integration for Crowdfunding
Anyone can use crowdfunding to raise money, including nonprofits who are already on Salesforce.
If your organization has never used crowdfunding before, let’s recap why it’s such a popular, profitable fundraising tool:
- Crowdfunding is easy to get started with. In order to launch your campaign, all you need is a worthy cause and a crowdfunding website (like Fundly!). You can be up and running (and raising money) with very little downtime, and you don’t have to be a veteran fundraising expert to achieve an ambitious campaign goal.
- Crowdfunding puts your campaign in front of new donors. Because crowdfunding primarily lives online, your campaign will benefit from digital word-of-mouth. Even if only a few supporters share your campaign, you can still reach hundreds (if not thousands) of new individuals thanks to your donors’ online networks!
- Crowdfunding helps you raise money fast. Though you don’t have to set a deadline for your crowdfunding campaign when you use Fundly, having a specified end date for your fundraiser can incentivize supporters to make their donations quickly and get the word out. Most crowdfunding campaigns last only 9 weeks!
As with any online fundraiser, you’ll collect a lot of donor information throughout your crowdfunding campaign. As you process supporters’ donations, you’ll need a way to guarantee that all their valuable data flows into your Salesforce CRM.
Good news—your organization can use CloudSync to connect your Fundly crowdfunding data with Salesforce CRM! Through this integration, all donor information will automatically file itself in Salesforce, no manual data entry required.
And the best part is you don’t have to be a web developer or even a tech expert to launch a seamless connection. CloudSync and Fundly make it easy to sync up your CRM and crowdfunding platform without any coding or extensive backend configuration.
2. 360MatchPro — Top Salesforce Integration for Matching Gifts
Matching gift programs are a form of corporate philanthropy in which companies match their employees’ donations to eligible nonprofits. These programs allow donors to give (and your nonprofit to receive) twice the amount—or, in some cases, even more—of the original gift at no extra cost to the donor.
These programs are incredibly valuable to nonprofits, but they’re often underutilized. One of the reasons for this is that donors aren’t reminded to complete their matching gift requests through their employers. 360MatchPro by Double the Donation solves this problem by automating the entire matching gift process. Using this helpful Salesforce integration, your nonprofit can:
- Identify donors who are eligible for matching gift programs. 360MatchPro scans the donor information stored in your Salesforce CRM as well as email domains, donation forms, and confirmation screens to identify supporters who are eligible to submit matching gift requests to their employers.
- Automate email communications to eligible donors. Once your nonprofit uses 360MatchPro to identify donors eligible to make matching gifts, you can use the software to send automated emails reminding those donors to complete their matching gift requests. 360MatchPro allows you to customize the content and timing of these emails as well as leave certain groups of donors out of the automated email communications if you’d prefer to approach them in different ways.
- Discover your organization’s largest matching gift opportunities. 360MatchPro will identify matching gift-eligible supporters with the potential to make sizeable gifts. You can then use the software to create an automated plan for reaching out to these supporters.
With 360MatchPro, your nonprofit doesn’t have to worry about missing out on potential matching gift opportunities because your supporter base has become too large to reach out to individual donors or your donors forget to complete their matching gift requests.
While many of this Salesforce integration’s benefits derive from its automated features, 360MatchPro also personalizes the process for your supporters. Customized emails from a domain branded to your nonprofit allow for an individualized approach no matter how many donors you’re reaching out to.
3. 360io — Top Salesforce Integration for Prospect Research
Donor prospecting is an essential element of any nonprofit’s fundraising strategy. It’s crucial for decision-makers to be able to identify which audience to target, be it for an email campaign, a fundraising event, or another outreach initiative.
Donor prospecting can also be a powerful tool for event planners, who may need to know which attendees are able and willing to donate to their organization’s cause.
- Conduct wealth screening. Find out which potential donors have the capability to give – and how much!
- Create comprehensive prospect profiles. Keep track of the donors you do find, all in one place. Import your profiles into your Salesforce system with just one click.
- Identify actionable donor data. Not sure what data to look for? DonorSearch does. You can check out a potential donor’s giving potential based on their charitable history with other organizations.
It’s never been easier to identify, integrate, and act on your donor data – all within your Salesforce ecosystem! Gone are the days of manually hunting down your next major gift donors; now, there’s a tool that can do it for you.
Are you ready to discover your next donor? Find out how you can elevate your major gifts program, annual fund, planned giving program, and so much more today!
4. Fonteva Events — Top Salesforce App for Event Management
Events are a major part of many nonprofits’ fundraising strategies, but fundraisers aren’t the only types of events you might need to plan! From galas to conferences and even quarterly board member meetings, it’s important that your team stays on top of all the logistics that go into event planning and execution.
If you’re in the market for a seamless Salesforce event management solution, Fonteva Events is the top-tier app you’ve been searching for! With Fonteva on your side, you can:
- Set up your event registration page. Add multiple ticket prices, set permissions for exclusive options, and offer as many sessions and tracks as you’d like. With Fonteva, your event registration can actually match your event!
- Market your event. Build out a beautiful, fully branded event microsite to promote your event and get the word out to supporters. You can include as many pages as you need to provide all of your important event details as well as high-quality photos and videos.
- Generate custom event reports. View your event’s success across a variety of metrics using Fonteva Events’ helpful reports and dashboards. Don’t worry—you don’t have to be a tech guru to use these simple point-and-click analytics tools!
Fonteva’s Salesforce app is 100% native, meaning you won’t have to integrate any external platform or transfer data back and forth to use this solution.
And though Fonteva Events is an end-to-end Salesforce solution, it’s also user-friendly enough to be used by event-planning teams of any size and skill level. Whether you’re brand new to planning events or have been in the fundraising event game for years, Fonteva can come through with all of the tools you need to succeed.
Bonus: Learn more about Salesforce event registration by reading this helpful post from the event experts at Fonteva! You’ll learn how to optimize your event registration page and use your Salesforce CRM to its fullest potential.
5. OneCause — Top Salesforce App for Charity Auction Management
While highly profitable, charity auctions are often a complicated undertaking. Think about it: to pull off a successful auction, your organization needs to manage item procurement, registration and checkout, event promotion, and your online auction logistics (if you choose to host one), among many other elements.
With so much to keep in mind, you’ll need a top-notch charity auction software to lend a hand—say hello to OneCause!
OneCause offers all-inclusive fundraising auction and mobile bidding software that can assist with every aspect of your auction planning and execution. You can use OneCause’s software to:
- Procure the perfect items. Use your OneCause software to generate auction item solicitation letters, track an item’s procurement status, create item bundles or packages, and group related items by category to keep your auction displays as organized as possible.
- Pair your in-person event with an online auction. Extend the bidding window by offering an online auction before, during, and even after your silent or live auction event. OneCause enables you to create a branded auction site to house all of your item details; that way, even out-of-town supporters can get involved with your fundraiser.
- Simplify the silent auction bidding process. OneCause’s revolutionary mobile bidding tools empower your guests to place—and even automate!—silent auction bids using their smartphones. Without the hassle of paper bid sheets, you can keep your auction running longer and promote even higher bids!
The best part of having a powerhouse platform like OneCause on your side? With all of the complex auction logistics taken care of, your team will have more time to devote to guest engagement, ensuring a seamless, successful event night.
And since all of your auction and donor data will be stored automatically in your CRM thanks to OneCause’s handy Salesforce app, you won’t have to worry about manual data entry, either. Auctions have never been easier!
6. Brickwork — Top Salesforce App for Payment Processing
Donations are crucial to the mission and day to day operations of nonprofits, so finding the right tool to receive and track those donations is an absolute must. If you’re in the market for a way to quickly, securely, and easily handle donations and donor data, you’ll want to check out Brickwork!
With Brickwork by iATS Payments, you have all the tools you need to receive, process, and track data from donations within your Salesforce environment with tools that include:
- CRM Integration. Stop worrying about the hassle of manual entry, or the mess created by data input errors and duplicate donor files. All information is updated into the CRM for you, both for new and recurring donors.
- Customize Donor Forms. Create donor forms that flow with your website, special event page, or Facebook feed!
- Quick Turn-Around. Waiting on donations can put a serious pinch your organization’s cash flow, however with Brickwork your donations will be processed and in your bank account within 1-2 business days.
iATS Payments only works with nonprofit organizations, providing an unparalleled level of expertise, support, and customized tools that make managing donations simple so you can focus on your strategy and mission!
7. SMS Magic Interact — Top Salesforce App for Text Messaging
Your donors are busy individuals, so it’s vital that you find an effective way to connect with them when they’re on-the-go. One of the best ways to do that is by taking advantage of the most universal communication channel there is—text message!
With SMS Magic Interact, you can develop supporter relationships by reaching donors wherever they are through the power of SMS messaging. SMS Magic simplifies communication, helping you to:
- Send single or bulk text communications. You’ll be able to send texts to any object stored in Salesforce (as long as it has a working mobile phone number attached, of course). You can even view two-way text histories for each object, so you never forget where you are in conversation.
- Automate text campaigns. Build out personalized text templates using merge fields and then automate those messages through workflows and process builder. Thanks to SMS Magic, you can still employ communication best practices (such as using a donor’s first name), even when managing bulk campaigns.
- Monitor communication analytics. SMS Magic comes complete with advanced reporting tools to guarantee your text communication strategies are always improving. Manage open rates, responses, opt-outs, and more through SMS Magic’s simple customer portal.
As with all donor engagement and communication efforts, it’s crucial that your data connects with all of the records you store in Salesforce.
Since SMS Magic Interact was built to work seamlessly with Salesforce CRM, you can easily access and manage both sets of data at once, increasing productivity for everyone on your team!
8. Cirrus Insight — Top Salesforce Integration for Email Management
Cirrus Insight understands that most nonprofit teams rely on their email inboxes, not their CRMs, to stay on top of donor relationships and one-on-one supporter communications. That’s why their team designed an innovative, intuitive integration to bring the power of Salesforce right to your inbox!
With Cirrus Insight, you’ll be able to keep your CRM up-to-date without having to manually log information gathered in emails into your Salesforce platform. Cirrus Insight allows you to:
- View Salesforce records in your inbox. No matter what email client you use, Cirrus Insight enables you to view all the most pertinent Salesforce data right in your inbox. That way, when you open a donor’s email, you’ll instantly be able to view their giving history, relationships, and other vital details without leaving Gmail, Outlook, or any other email host.
- Send smarter emails. Use Cirrus Insight’s suite of email tools to manage your communications more effectively. Send Later, Open Alerts, Reply Tracking, Mail Merges, and more are all available directly in Salesforce, giving your team the flexibility you need to engage with your supporters strategically.
- Save time by using templates. Cirrus Insight comes equipped with a library of “marketing-approved” email templates that save your team time and standardize organization-wide communications. If their templates don’t cut it, you can build your own to start email campaigns that are unique to your nonprofit.
Cirrus Insight is already used by a wide variety of businesses and organizations, but this tool is especially useful for nonprofits. After all, constituent relationships are at the core of what your nonprofit does, and without solid donor, volunteer, and member relationships, your cause would likely come to a halt.
By streamlining email communications, Cirrus Insight makes it easier to engage with your supporters and manage these important relationships long-term!
9. Geopointe — Top Salesforce App for Mapping
For organizations who work in a number of geographic areas, being able to map your data means greater insight into your constituents and more intentional efforts across the board. If that sounds like a need your nonprofit has, Geopointe might be the Salesforce app for you!
With Geopointe, your organization can map everything, from territories where donors are most active to driving routes and more. For instance, you can use Geopointe to:
- Visualize geographic data. Whether you’re assessing major gift prospects in a local neighborhood or viewing concentrations of donors across multiple countries, Geopointe can put all of your geographic data in view based on the metrics that matter to your team.
- Optimize travel plans. En route to a conference? Visiting beneficiaries across your region? No matter where you’re going or how many stops are on the way, Geopointe can help you find the best route using built-in Google Maps functionality.
- Use geographic data to inform campaigns. By studying Geopointe’s analytics, you can determine the most effective fundraising and engagement strategies. From your data map, you can instantly launch Salesforce campaigns, create objects, or update single or mass records at once.
When you know where your donors are, you can develop fundraising tactics that reach them perfectly. And with Geopointe, you can do more than see a donor’s location; you can analyze location-based trends, prospect information, and relevant demographics!
And don’t worry—Geopointe’s helpful mapping and territory management tools are (of course) mobile-ready thanks to the Salesforce1 mobile app! That way, you can put your data to good use on-the-go and meet your supporters wherever they are.
10. ArtApp — Top Salesforce App for Museum Management
For museums, managing your nonprofit looks a little different than many other types of organizations. Since you’ll undoubtedly have such specific needs, there’s a highly specific Salesforce app ready to help you out. Meet ArtApp!
ArtApp was designed specifically for museums, galleries, and art studios in need of a Salesforce collection management solution. Stay on top of all of your curation and data management needs by using ArtApp to:
- Manage online or on-site collections. Whether you’re displaying artifacts at a gallery or hosting an online manuscript or photo database, you’ll need a way to log all of the pieces in your extensive collections. ArtApp can help you manage records of everything within your Salesforce system.
- Track consignments and loans. You can attach QR code labels to physical items or art pieces to ensure you always keep track of your artifacts, no matter where in the world they end up. For organizations with a constantly rotating inventory, staying on top of an item’s location is paramount, and ArtApp can help!
- Publish your database to a public site. If you want to keep the world updated on what your museum has in stock, ArtApp allows you to publish your artifact listings to a branded public website. However, if you’d rather not publish some (or all) of your content, this step is completely optional.
ArtApp offers multiple versions of its application so that every user—including artists, small nonprofit museums, and large government organizations—gets exactly what they need from their interface. You can easily upgrade your solution as your nonprofit’s curation needs evolve, too!