May 2020 Update: If your organization had planned events for this season and don’t know what to do now, don’t panic. Click here to learn more about how Pathable can help you take your event from in-person to virtual.
It goes without saying that here at Fundly, we’re all about the fundraising event. Whether you’re hosting an event to celebrate the success of your crowdfunding campaign or to push your peer-to-peer fundraiser to new heights, fundraising events can help you raise money and boost supporter excitement.
But before you can launch your next show-stopping event, you’ll be in need of event management software to help you stay on top of event logistics and track valuable guest data before, during, and after your fundraiser.
In this post, we’ll break down our 5 favorite event planning solutions, each with a unique take on event management:
- Fundly — For Peer-to-Peer Event Management
- Fonteva — For Salesforce Event Management
- OneCause — For Charity Auction Management
- DipJar — For On-Site Donation Management
- Pathable — For Event Mobile Apps
1. Fundly: Top Choice for Peer-to-Peer Event Management
Peer-to-peer fundraising has become a staple in the nonprofit world. By mobilizing your supporters and inspiring them to raise money from their networks, your organization can quickly exceed your fundraising goals.
But to truly capitalize on the power of peer-to-peer, you’ll need to host a fundraising event to go along with your campaign—and Fundly can help!
Fundly’s peer-to-peer platform enables your nonprofit to build a main fundraising page as well as recruit teams of fundraisers with their own individual campaign pages.
You can also use Fundly’s user-friendly platform to stay on top of your fundraising event using features such as:
- Simple sharing. Promote your fundraising event directly from your campaign page! Send emails to invite your guests, post to social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, or update your page with photos, videos, and of course, an appealing event description.
- Merchandise sales. Want to add a fun twist to your event? Sell merchandise before, during, and after the event using Fundly’s simple product fundraising tool. You can offer items as fundraising incentives during the campaign or set up a merchandise table at the event.
- Hands-on assistance. For nonprofits who are truly looking to maximize their fundraising potential, Fundly offers a truly unique VIP service with one-on-one training, fundraising coaching, and more. A team of Fundly experts will be by your side throughout your campaign and help teach you skills to improve your fundraising long-term.
Fundly’s peer-to-peer platform is free to get started with. If you opt in to their Fundly VIP services, you’ll be able to choose between two affordable options starting at $1,200 per campaign.
Interested in seeing more peer-to-peer options? Scope out all the best peer-to-peer platforms by reading our thorough list of the top peer-to-peer fundraising solutions.
2. Fonteva: Top Choice for Salesforce Event Management
For Salesforce users, you can plan strategic events without ever leaving your CRM. All you need is the perfect event management app—enter Assemble Events by Fonteva!
Fonteva is known for providing high-quality, completely comprehensive Salesforce solutions. Assemble Events is definitely no exception, as this powerful tool can help your nonprofit use your Salesforce data to design virtually any kind of event.
With Fonteva, you’ll be able to customize your event management from start to finish with features to help you:
- Create distinct registration forms. Whether you’re planning a multi-session conference, a series of events, or just a one-day fundraiser, you can build registration forms that allow individuals (or groups!) to sign up in a way that makes sense for your event.
- Set pricing levels. With Fonteva, you can set multiple price points for your tickets, including general admission, VIP tickets, members-only prices, or even individual exclusive offers. You can even segment your data to determine different prices for different constituent lists.
- Build event microsites. Fonteva’s platform generates unique event microsites to promote your event, share important event details, accept registrations, and even sell merchandise. You won’t need any web design skills, either; Fonteva makes setting up your site as simple as possible!
The best part about Fonteva’s event management app? It’s completely native to Salesforce, so it’s guaranteed to work seamlessly with your CRM, no integration required.
For pricing information and more, contact Fonteva via their website!
Are you a Salesforce user hoping to streamline your event planning? Learn more about managing events in Salesforce by reading Fonteva’s helpful guide!
3. OneCause: Top Choice for Charity Auction Management
Silent, live, online—OneCause can help you plan and execute fundraising auctions of any kind!
Though versatile enough for any type of event, OneCause’s event fundraising software is specifically designed to streamline and enhance charity auctions.
Not only can their solution help you bring in more bids, but it can also help you accept additional donations through their mobile bidding app or by using their text-to-give software! On top of all of that, take a look at these killer event management features:
- Unlimited event support. If your organization relies on events to raise money, don’t let your event management app slow you down! OneCause allows you to plan as many events as you need throughout the year, no additional fees or expansions needed.
- Online auction catalogs. Instead of spending money to print paper auction catalogs, file everything online so donors can access your auction items anywhere, anytime. You can even host online auctions so that anyone can browse and bid on items directly from your OneCause event site.
- Donor management tools. Keep track of donor interactions, including contributions, bids, and automated acknowledgements, within your software. You can also integrate their tool with your CRM so that all data is visible in one place.
For pricing information, you can view OneCause’s event fundraising packages on their website.
Planning a charity auction? OneCause can walk you through the process step by step with their foolproof guide to maximizing bids during a live, silent, or online auction.
4. DipJar: Top Choice for On-Site Donation Management
If fundraising is your event goal, you’ll want to give guests as many options to give as possible. One of the best ways to do that? Offer on-site giving kiosks!
DipJar’s simple, secure giving kiosk enables event guests to dip their debit or credit card into the kiosk to instantly make a donation to your cause.
But DipJar’s solution doesn’t stop at accepting in-person gifts. DipJar allows you to fully track all on-site donations, allowing you to manage these transactions using their intuitive dashboard. Additionally, you’ll have access to these great features:
- Custom pre-set donation amounts. You can adjust the pre-set giving amount on your kiosk from your dashboard to quickly adapt to different events or donor demographics. That way, you’ll always ask for an amount that’s feasible and profitable.
- Professional branding to your organization. You want your giving kiosk to stand out at your event, which means designing it to fit your nonprofit’s personality. Change the color, add a logo, or include additional marketing materials such as a branded sign.
- Full donation security. DipJar abides by Payment Card Industry standards, so your donors’ payment data will always be secure. Though there are always risks when making online transactions, DipJar takes all the necessary precautions to keep your donors safe!
DipJar’s products start at $399. You can also contact their sales department to work with their team individually to determine the best event fundraising solutions for your organization.
Want to learn more about giving kiosk best practices? Read DipJar’s helpful post on raising more with your donation kiosk!
5. Pathable: Top Choice for Event Mobile Apps
May 2020 Update: If your organization had planned events for this season and are facing difficulties, don’t panic. Click here to learn more about how Pathable can help you take your event from in-person to virtual.
Event management software shouldn’t be built just to help you plan your event. It should also help you run your event, minute by minute. The easiest way to make your event planners, vendors, and attendees happy? A custom mobile event app.
Pathable does custom event apps better than anyone – they’ve taken their dedication to increasing engagement and building relationships and created software from it.
Pathable’s passion for community shines through in their custom app’s most important features:
- Badge scanning. Whether you’re a vendor keeping track of leads or an attendee working towards continuing education credits, Pathable’s badge scanning capabilities take the stress out of keeping things organized.
- Gamification and live polls. Keep your attendees excited and involved by appealing to their competitive spirit. When they earn points for getting scanned, visiting booths, watching panels, or sharing photos, they’ll be more likely to do more of all of those things. May the most engaged attendee win!
- Discussion forums. Your attendees’ engagement shouldn’t end just because the event has. When attendees can keep conversations going year-round thanks to your app and its built-in forums, your organization and event can remain front-of-mind all year round.
Pathable has three tiers of pricing – Container Basic, Container Pro, and White Label. Check out their website to determine which option your organization needs.
Need some help cleaning up your nonprofit website? Check out these top nonprofit websites to get some inspiration for your own!
There you have it! With these tools, your organization will never worry about planning a lackluster event again.
Now that you’re all set with the perfect event management tool, get started planning by checking out these amazing event fundraising resources:
- The Ultimate Guide to Peer-to-Peer Fundraising. Learn why peer-to-peer fundraising is the strategy everyone’s trying by checking out our in-depth guide.
- Walkathon Guide. Perfect for all ages and all types of organizations, walkathons are a powerful way to raise money and bring the community together for your cause. Read our guide to planning your own walkathon!
- Charity Auction Guide. There’s a reason charity auctions are one of the most classic fundraising events. Learn how to bring in more guests (and bids!) at your upcoming silent or live auction.